Valentine’s Day Health
Valentine’s Day is a great time to celebrate love. It can be a reminder to make healthy choices part of your everyday life. Whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day on your own or with someone else, take these steps to be a healthy valentine:
- Plan a fun activity that gets you out of the house and moving
- Find and cook a new and healthy recipe
- If you have dinner plans, try taking half of your meal home with you
- Avoid eating too many Valentine’s sweets
Spread love, not germs.
- Wash your hands to avoid getting sick
- Prevent sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancies. FREE condoms are available at the Waushara County Health Department.
Go easy on the bubbly.
- Limit your alcohol use.
- Don’t drink and drive or let others drink and drive
- Make sure to put out all candles and don’t leave fires unattended
- Be aware of your surroundings. Sexual violence is a growing problem, and women are more likely to be victims than men.