Active Aging Committee
June 7, 2016
Mission: Encourages aging adults to continue active healthy lives.
Vision: Exploring unmet needs, services, and existing services, opportunities
Present: Helen, Judy, Deb, Bev, Amanda and Pat
Park Assessment – Lake Alpine: The committee walked around the park to see if the facility was a good place for seniors and those with disabilities to visit. They filled out a form which Amanda will keep the results. Pat suggested that perhaps after viewing the county parks, the committee could suggest one park to make user friendly for seniors and those with wheel chairs and walkers.
Active Aging Articles – Patrick Nehring subitted an article on Community Gardens to go the June Resorter. Amanda will submit one on the food drive for July.
Areas of Priorities for 2016
- A+ Program: Will wait till fall.
- Trails & Parks Assessment: Finished the assessment for Alpine Park
- Food Drive: Boxes will be taken to the meal sites. Drive is from June 14 to the 24.
- Box drop off and pick up
List of who will pick up and drop off at the area food pantry sometime after June 24
Amanda: Coloma, Hancock, Plainfield and Saxeville
Deb: Wautoma and Redgranite
Judy: Poy Sippi
Pat: Wild Rose
- Healthy Aging Website: It is up. Amanda is working on getting 3 tabs under Healthy Aging
- Community Fair: Will start planning in August
- Senior Center Activities: Art classes will resume in fall. Knitting and Crocheting classes are held on the first and third Tuesdays of the month from 9:30 to 11:30.
Next Meeting & Future Agenda Items: July 12 at 2:00 at Mt. Morris Park in order to access park. Continue updates on above items.
Meeting Adjourned: 3:00pm