Keep Safe in the Sun and Water this Summer
Summer is an enjoyable time to spend outdoors. There are some potential hazards when spending a lot of time outside. Keep yourself and others safe while spending time in the sun and water.
Since summer is the perfect time to enjoy the many beautiful lakes that Waushara County has to offer, follow these safety tips to prevent yourself from getting hurt and missing out on the fun:
- Never swim alone.
- Do not swim during a storm or when there is lightning.
- Do not jump or dive into water unless it is at least 12 feet deep.
- Learn how to swim.
- Never run, push or jump on others in or around water.
With long hours of warm sunlight each day there is a greater chance to get sunburn. Take precautions to keep yourself safe from the sun:
- Always wear sunscreen when outside.
- Reapply sunscreen about every two hours.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.