Active Aging Committee
September 13, 2016
Mission: Encourages aging adults to continue active healthy lives.
Vision: Exploring unmet needs, services, and existing services, opportunities
Present: Deb, Amanda, Bev and Pat. Helen made the last part of the meeting.
Start: 1:35 p.m.
Park Assessment – We did not go to Kussel Lake as planned due to weather.
Active Aging Articles –
September: Community Fair
October: Alzheimer’s Awareness
November: Diabetes Awareness
December: A Year In Review
Areas of Priorities for 2016
- A+ Program: Still on hold.
- Trails & Parks Assessment: Pause until Spring
- Healthy Aging Website: No update
- Community Fair: Deb handed out Thrivent T-shirts. Thrivent gave $250 that is being used as seed money to purchase snacks etc. for the fair on Oct. 1. 12 vendors sent in their registration forms. A number of them are new vendors. There are some registrations that will still be coming in. Deb and Amanda will be contacting others. They will also see if someone can do glucose screening. Registration deadline is moved to Sept. 28. Flyers will be dropped off or sent to Churches in the county. Spanish ones at this time are not available. Deb will print out the surveys to be handed out. Deb will arrive at the Center at 8:30 on Oct. 1. The other committee members can arrive at 9:00.
- Senior Center Activities: Deb shared a number of events that will be happening at the Waushara-Wautoma Senior Center. There are still openings for the Traveling Easel class that will be held on Sept. 19. Free Smart phone classes will be held on Sept. 17 and 29. A number of trips are being offered.
- TiChi will be offered at Wautoma Fitness by Amanda starting Oct. 25. It will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays, eight classes in four weeks. The next set of classes will be offered once a week for eight weeks.
Next Meeting & Future Agenda Items: The next meeting is on Oct. 11 at 2:00. The November meeting will be Wednesday, November 9 at 2:00 due to November 8 being voting day and Bev and Pat will be busy working at the polls.
Adjourn: 3:10 p.m.