V2020 Backpack Nutrition Program
Meeting Minutes May 2, 2016
Present: Peggy Hetzel, Plainfield Business Association & Oasis HCE; Jan Novak, V2020; Ashley Rome, Trevor Cooper & Patti Miller, Public Health; Barb Johnson, Lynda Worden & Mary Wythe, Pine River HCE; Mary LaBlanc, DHS; Eli Ashley, AmeriCorps Member; Zina Soltis, UW-Extension.
Meeting Called to Order: 1:04pm
Review Agenda & Minutes – Approved as published.
Riverview Elementary Update:
- Idea of having students dismiss early and pick food up at office discussed. Doesn’t protect privacy.
- Suggested High School students sign confidentiality agreements, school custodians, food service staff, retired teachers, teacher aides, etc. – pros and cons.
- Doesn’t appear to be feasible at this time. Continue to consider Riverview for future expansion.
2016-2017 Program Plans:
- Including program information/enrollment at registration for schools is preferred. Jan will check with Tri-County. Redgranite sends registration information in July and prefers starting in early October.
- Special thanks to Patti Miller for delivering meals to Tri-County Schools. Transporting totes to Tri-County next year will need to be explored with Patti’s replacement. If it works logistically, it is part of the position expectation to continue this involvement.
- Expansion – Coloma Elementary School has FRL rate of 49.6% (2015-2016 school year). Decision to explore expansion if they are interested. Jan will contact administrator and report back at next meeting.
- Received $500 donation from ThedaCare Foundation. Gift card request made to Berlin Walmart.
- Program reports for Berlin Area Health Foundation and Community Foundation of Central Wisconsin for 2015-2016 program funding are due by June 30, 2016.
Meeting Adjourned: 1:59pm. The committee labeled inventory.
Next Meeting: WEDNESDAY, June 22, 2016 9 am Conference Rm 109-Waushara County Courthouse
AGENDA: Tri-County registration, Coloma Elementary Update, Menu review, Backer Packer campaign
Submitted by: Jan Novak